Monday, March 31, 2008

Multitasking or Just a Mess?

I read a great post today on Your Brain on Multitasking from Creating Passionate Users. It seems as if I am never doing just one thing at a time anymore. It seems worse when I am on the computer! I forever have multiple windows in Firefox (or IE at work), Twitter, Skype, and of course email. My Blackberry or office phone ringing. And people wandering in and out of my office to talk or ask questions. Yet, at the end of the day, I wonder why I accomplished nothing on my "to do" list! At times I think my multitasking actually keeps me from getting work done. In the midst of figuring out what to next, time slips past me. The post on Your Brain on Multitasking talks about being mindfulness. Being present to the task at hand rather than looking to the other things needing to get done actually saves time.

This will be my mid-year's resolution...Hope I do better with this than my new year's resolution!

0 comments: